Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Home Alone

Well, we managed to survive our first few nights with Daddy away last week. I wasn't looking forward to it and I know Lana missed him a lot, but we did ok. I had Lana sleeping in with me since I'm such a wuss, but other than that, we kept to our schedule and routine. Luckily, we had a few little things going on with the MOMS Club and I had plenty of work to keep me busy. Lana even helped when she could.


This weekend was a busy one, though. As soon as Daddy landed on Friday, we took him out to lunch and then went over to the lawyer's to sign our wills (icky). Then we traded off the baby and Daddy took Lana home while I rushed off to a wedding rehearsal. I was a little nervous about this church because it looked really dark, but I think the photos came out great. The wedding was Saturday. Poor Daddy was sick with a cold and Lana was coming down with it, so they had a relaxing afternoon/evening.

Lana is continuing with her solids and has decided that she loves bananas and doesn't much like green beans. Daddy says she takes after him since he doesn't like green beans either. We'll probably try carrots and apple sauce later this week. She doesn't much like to eat early in the morning (I guess she' takes after me in that respect.), so I think we're going to change to eating lunch and dinner as her two meals instead of breakfast and dinner. I don't think it matters much anyway since the food is just kinda for fun and dessert and nursing is still where she gets everything she really needs.

I can't tell, but I think she's starting to get over her cold. She never really had anything bad - just a little cough and a bit more spit up than usual. We'll see, though, since poor Daddy is still pretty miserable.

Yesterday was our two-year anniversary. With both Daddy and Lana sick, we opted for a nice dinner in rather than a night out. We'll try to go out this weekend maybe if we feel like it.

Today it's back to work as usual for me. Lots of photos to process and work to do (not to mention the laundry and cooking and whatnot).

No comments: