Friday, March 30, 2007

"Stuck" in Florida

Well, it looks like Dallas is in for some rough weather today. Brent suggested that Lana and I think about staying an extra day so we don't get stuck at the airport waiting on flights that are delayed and/or cancelled. American Airlines was really nice about it and happily waved the change fee because of the weather (so I think they're thinking they're going to have trouble this afternoon). Anyway, we decided we'd stay another night and fly home tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be a good bit better.

Lana is have a great time even though she misses her daddy and her puppies a lot. She says "Dadadadada" whenever she hears Brent's voice and she went nuts when she heard some puppies barking this morning when we went to the park. Still, she's still loving the pool. She screams like mad any time you take her out of it. I have a feeling we'll be living at the pool this summer.






Me being me, I had to try to get some more cute "professional" beach pictures of her last night thinking it was our last night. Here are a few from Nana's camera. I still can't download any of our pictures off either of my cameras so there will be tons more when I finally get home. She's even getting better about her sunglasses. Now she thinks they're funny. :-)




Oh and Lana cut another tooth. We don't even know quite when, but there's one popping through up top quite a bit now. We just noticed it yesterday. She's walking more and more. She'll take a good 5-10 steps these days looking like a drunken sailor before she falls over and crawls the rest of the way. Part of me is so anxious for her to walk (and walk steadily) so we can stop at least most of these bruises she keeps getting when she falls over, but part of me just isn't ready for her to grow up so quickly. Oh well.
We'll only have a bit more than a week at home when we get there before we fly up to Philly for Aunt Maria's wedding. We're really looking forward to that, but I have to dig out all the winter clothes and make sure they're washed as soon as we get home. Here we haven't even needed long pants or anything and there we'll be in sweatsuits and jackets. Talk about a shock to the system. Hopefully Lana will just be so used to traveling by then that we'll move into Maria's (and then the hotel) with minimal fuss.


No comments: