
Around 9, we headed out for the Renaissance Festival hoping she would sleep on the way down there. Unfortunately, she had other plans and didn't sleep more than the last 15-20 minutes of the trip. (It took a little over an hour to get there.) The first thing we did was get Lana's face painted. Ok, maybe I wanted it a bit more than she did, but she actually didn't mind it at all. I think it tickled a little because she kept laughing and then trying to eat the paint/paint brush. Doesn't it look cute on her, though?


Then she had to go in the little petting zoo they had. She took a while to warm up to the animals, but before long she was chasing all the bunnies and goats around. We had to leave when she started to try to play in their water bowls.


After that we saw some jousting show with rings. It was really funny, but Lana didn't understand the jokes and the loud crowd made her a bit nervous so we headed off for lunch. Lana had mac-n-cheese on a stick. I think it might have been her favorite meal ever (even if it probably took years off her life).

We sat down to watch the jugglers for a while, but Lana got bored with that and wanted to run around some more. They had set up a mist bridge for people to walk through and cool off so we let Lana run around in there until we got too soaked. She just loved it! You know how she is about water!


Finally, we stopped off for an ice cream treat before heading home.

Unfortunately, she still wouldn't sleep much on the way home. We had decided that we were going to go to Costco to get my new laptop if she wasn't asleep when we were passing that exit. Of course, she fell asleep less than five minutes before we got to it, so we decided to go anyway.

We came home after that quick Costco run with my new laptop and an exhausted Lana in tow. Of course, by this point, it's well past when she could easily take a nap. We tried, but she was having none of it, so we decided to open presents instead. Her favorite is probably her Duplo blocks even though she's not sure what to do with them. She's figured out that they go together somehow... She just hasn't figured out how.


We had a quick dinner and then let Lana go to town on the small cake I made her. I know we're doing her "real" party next weekend, but I couldn't not make her at least a little cake for her real birthday, could I?








3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lana! I cannot believe it's already been a year. It makes me miss ya'll not being in Georgia. I hope her birthday was great and here's hoping her party is a lot of fun.
Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl. You are growing up before our very eyes and getting more and more beautiful every day.
She is such a pretty girl! What a great bday she had. Happy Birthday Lana!
Post a Comment