Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lana's first day of school...

So today was supposed to be Lana's first day of school. Despite the great relaxing weekend for us and even Lana sleeping great last night, Lana woke up in one of the worst moods ever this morning. I knew this couldn't bode well, but we got ready for school and hoped for the best. By 8am, Lana was ready to take a nap (even though she dropped her morning nap a good few weeks ago). By 8:15, we were attempting to take her first day of school pictures.




As you can tell, she wasn't happy. She didn't want to get dressed or to be wearing shoes or to be doing much of anything except taking a nap, but still, we had to try. She did get a little better when we went to get in the car and go.



When we got to school, I apologized to the teachers saying that she was in a mood and just to call me if I needed to come get her. Here's her at school right after we got there.



I did get a call by 10 (after dropping her off at 9) saying she was still having a rough time and would I come around 11ish to get her. Of course, by 11, she was happily playing and trying to dance with one of her new friends, but I knew she was still tired, so I went ahead and brought her home. The teachers said that they had forgotten "Purple Puppy" when they went to the gym for recess and as soon as they gave that to her when they got back, she was fine (but tired).

After we got home, she ate a quick lunch and took a nice long nap. These are her pictures after her nap.




And we decided to have a piano lesson instead today.



We're going to try again on Thursday. I've got a shoot Thursday so hopefully she's not too miserable. Lana's friend Jack is also in her class and we knew he was going to have a bit of a rough time so he's just doing half-days for a while. If Lana's having a rough day Thursday she'll go home with Melanie and Jack so she can take a nap and eat lunch there, but I think she'll be fine if she can just get back in her routine and get used to everyone. It just takes time, right?

1 comment:

Tara said...

She is more precious every day! Sorry she had a rough time with school. She looks adorable in her pictures and so happy on the slide! I can't wait to see what peanut looks like because Lana is so beautiful.