Saturday, March 22, 2008

My New Office!

I usually meet clients and prospective clients here at the house when I can. This seemed to work really well when they came all the way out here. I had some of my work displayed on the walls, all my albums here, etc. etc. etc. The problem was that I live so far out that many people either weren't willing to drive this far or had no idea where the town we live it was in the first place. Also even though I always had a sitter or had Brent home during these meetings, I still had an almost 2-year-old here and now a newborn on top of that. Even if they weren't upset, they're still distracting and not the most professional. That said, it seemed silly to look for a place just to meet clients once or twice a week (or less).



A friend of mine who's a wedding coordinator rents office space from a friend of hers who's a personal trainer. She asked me if I wanted to share the space knowing I would only be there for meetings with clients. It works out great for both of us. I help her out a little with the rent and I have a place to meet outside the house that is both professional and away from toddlers and newborns. I'm going to put a sign in our window, which is right next to our door as soon as I get a chance. Here are a few pictures of our office...



Ours is the first door inside the outside door. That's my sign hanging on the door, but it's hard to see with all the glare.


And here's the inside of our office:





As you can tell, I'm totally excited about the new space. So far I've had two meetings there and it's gone really well. It's a bit hard to find since it's on a side street off of a main street and there's not a light or anything there, but so far no one's complained. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Congrats on the office! I love all of your recent pics. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!