Well, Brent didn't believe it either... Yesterday, it was close to 80 degrees and I did a shoot of the girls in their Easter outfits (which Calli even stayed in all afternoon). This morning they tell us it might snow tonight but it won't affect rush hour because it will still be too warm. I take Lana to school at 9 only to have the sleet start by 10ish. By 11:30 it was snowing enough to cover the grass and such, but it wasn't sticking. By 12:00, it was sticking to the roads and they were starting to close schools early so I threw Calli back in the car and we slowly made our way up to school to get Lana. Her teacher called us when we were halfway there to say they were closing early up there too. So we call Brent and told him he might want to come home soon because the roads are really bad and slippery. Brent told us that weather.com said that it had snowed "a little" and that it was no longer snowing. Apparently, "they" also said that it wasn't going to stick to the roads or accumulate at all and he was going to just stay at work because I was overreacting. I told him it was snowing so much I could barely see the back fence. So I went out and took this picture of our road (yes it's under there) and our front lawn and all and emailed it to him and told him that Sean slid getting into the driveway (since his work had already sent him home).

Needless to say, he decided to come home fairly soon...if only to play with Lana in the snow.
Unlike those of us who had to drive in it, Lana loved the snow!! She wasn't too sure about it at first. I know she's a Southern girl, though. She never quite figured out how to wear mittens. They were way too big for her, I know, but she would not put her thumb in the thumb. It just was too much for her. Still here's a few pictures of her playing in the snow with me waiting for Brent to get home and then again with Brent building a snowman and playing on the swing set. We didn't get a chance to make snow angels tonight but maybe we'll get to that in the morning if the snow sticks and especially if Brent stays home. Right now he's planning on heading in around lunch unless the roads make a miraculous recovery.







Brent wanted to make sure I mentioned that the snowman only has a disproportionately small head because Lana got tired of making him and kept falling in the snow and getting upset.


And what's snow without hot chocolate. Here's Lana's first taste. Who knew chocolate came in liquid form?? (We still haven't shown her chocolate milk yet and don't plan to for a long time!)
6 comments:
Lana did great! How come Callie wasn't helping her and Dad build the snowman! Pop
I laughed right out loud at your comment about liquid chocolate. I didn't realize you had snow yesterday. Loved the pictures.
just checking if this gets Pops in!!!
Testing
Great pictures! I love how happy Lana looks with her liquid chocolate.
Post a Comment