Lana had a great time at her birthday party today! All the adults (including Grandma and Pawpaw are exhausted. Lana, though, had a great time. First she helped Grandma putting together all the goodie bags and helped Brent and me hanging the decorations.


There's one thing Lana inherited from Brent that drives me nuts. Whenever she's concentrating or thinking really hard, she sticks out her tongue like this. Calli's starting to too so it must be a dominant gene. Oh well, I guess there are lots of worse things than sticking out your tongue, right? I just think it's so funny that it's genetic.


Then she got to open her presents from Grandma and Pawpaw - a Lightning McQueen and Sally that talk and drive. She's still scared of McQueen but she loves Sally even though she talks. (and there goes the tongue again).

Then she got all dressed up in her princess outfit she picked out. It's going to go in her dress up drawer after today, but I figured she had to have a princess outfit for her princess party. She loved it!


Here's a few of Lana with her friends playing.




And Calli slept through half the party...

The kids loved the playroom...

and Lana's bed.

Then it was time to open presents. In true Lana fashion, she wanted to open up each gift and play with it before she went on to the next, but we convinced her to open them all first. She loved everything! Her friends just know her so well. She got clothes and toys and dress up stuff and even a princess book (which she had to take to bed with her last night).


Lana loved her cake and everyone singing her happy birthday. It was an ice cream cake (since she doesn't always love regular cake) and it came out great! I think everyone enjoyed it.







Everyone seemed to have a great time playing and chatting even if it was a bit exhausting for the grown ups. Only problem is that Lana wants to have another party tomorrow... Uh oh. How can I explain to a two-year-old that this is a once-a-year thing??
If you want to see all the images from Lana's birthday party, click here. Let me know if you want any of the images. You should be able to download them but I can't figure out how.





2 comments:
I'm sorry we couldn't make it, Hadley was done being out. Looks like the party was a success! I love that she sticks her tongue out, adorable.
We missed you guys, Pam, but we totally understand. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! We'll just have to plan to get together some time when life is a little less crazy.
Post a Comment