Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy but Better...well almost everyone

We all thought that since Uncle Sean made it through the weekend, he had dodge the bullet. He hasn't had dinner with us or been around the girls much since they got sick so we were hoping... Well, the poor guy came down with this awful bug today and only three weeks after starting a new job. I know he's hoping to feel well enough to go in tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

The girls and I had a great day but we are exhausted. This morning Lana was so excited to be going back to school. She kept asking me last night if I was ready to go yet after I told her she'd be going back today. She ran right in and was happy as can be. Calli had a rough day (and a rough night last night). I think (hope) she's cutting a tooth. Otherwise, this kid is miserable and I need to figure out why. Anyway, we ran errands and she did very well. She absolutely hated the restaurant we went for lunch, though. I don't know if it was all the bright colors or just that she had just woken up and it was too much for her or what, but she was a mess through most of lunch and I ate standing up. (It happens. You parents out there know what I mean.)

After that, Calli and I hit Garden Ridge to look for some stuff for a bridal show booth that I'm making for a bridal show I'm doing in a few weeks. We got a ton and both had a lot of fun. She likes shopping as long as you don't stop too long.

Finally, we got Lana from school. She had a great day. They made like three art projects (her favorite part of the day) including a paperback puppet that she glued strips of cloth to. She told me she dressed her dolly up "soooooo pretty". I'll try to take a picture of it and post it later. It is pretty cute.

After school, we ran home for snacks and suits and ran back out to the pool. Maybe it was a bit much for us since we've been having such quiet days, but Lana seemed to love it.





Calli took her traditional nap in the stroller by the pool. Elane was so excited about Lana's swimming. Lana was showing off how well she could swim with her swimmies out into the deep end and back. It helped Blake work up the nerve to try it himself. Elane says he's never even been over his head when he wasn't clinging to her and screaming so this was huge!! Congrats, Blake!


Poor Carter was so exhausted from trying a few hours practice at school that he couldn't even enjoy the pool for long before falling asleep on Elane's shoulder.



The girls were totally adorable (as always) in their matching suits. After Calli woke up, Lana had her snack



and then both girls splashed together for a little bit before everyone was too exhausted and we needed to go home.



BTW - We have lost the charger for our digital camera battery. I'm determined to find it or buy a new one in the next week or so, but there might be a shortage of everyday type pics for a while. For these, I grabbed my very old (but trusty) Digital Rebel and 50mm lens. A bit of a pain not to be able to zoom, but it was light and relatively small (in comparison to most of my other cameras).

BTW (again) - I have a wedding this weekend and then a bridal show in two weeks. I also have two weddings (not including this weekend) to process, a few albums to design and assorted other business stuff going on. Plus, of course, I literally lost all of last week between the girls being sick and us being sick. Needless to say, I'm totally behind and overloaded. Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days. I'm around. I'm just working. The sitter is here every day this week and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for the next two weeks after this to help me get caught up and ready for this show. I'll update the blog as much as I can...but I'm just not sure how much that will be. Love you all!! - EK

No comments: