Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recipe Wednesday - Fancy Tacos

It's Wednesday again and I'm still keeping up. Aren't you impressed? Ok, so I'm actually doing all these entries at the same time and then dating them ahead so I don't have to keep up quite so much. Still, they're coming, right?

Well, here's my favorite taco recipe. Even Lana loves it and it's a bit nicer (IMHO) than just regular meat with taco seasoning.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup of salsa (as spicy as you like)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup of water
taco shells - soft or hard
shredded cheese, lettuce, etc - taco fixings

Directions:
brown ground beef and drain
add salsa, taco seasoning and water and simmer for 20-30 minutes (until thick)
serve over shells with all the fixings

Sometimes I chop up an onion or something and throw that in too, but it seems to work just fine with just salsa. I usually get the cheap kind since it's mixed in.

No comments: