Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Recipe Wednesday - Apple Dumplings

OMG. These things are so good and soooooooooo bad for you. Still, they're really easy and a great dessert for company as well as just a quiet night. I cut the recipe in half and just used one of the small crescent roll cans instead of a big one. Lana ate the rest of the apple.

This one is from The Pioneer Woman. She uses moutain dew instead of apple juice, but my kids don't do dew. Plus she uses way more butter and sugar but mine came out fine with significantly less. (I used her picture, though. It was easier than trying to get another one when I made them.)

Ingredients:
1 Granny Smith apple
1 can crescent rolls
1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon
1 cup apple juice

Directions:
Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 8x8 greased pan. (I just use Pam but the original recipe called for more butter.) Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour apple juice around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.


Everyone in our house loved there. Even Calli had a taste of the ice cream with a little of the apple sauce stuff. Yummy!!!

No comments: