Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas - Part 2 of ?? - Christmas Eve

Well, our Christmas Eve started off a bit of a mess. Our plumbing/septic system was a mess this morning. A plumber came out this morning just to charge us a fortune to tell us that it was a septic problem. The septic guy couldn't get out until Friday so I was looking for hotels during the girls' nap this afternoon. Thankfully, PawPaw and Brent seemed to figure out the problem and were able to push the blockage along. So far so good, anyway! I'm cautiously optimistic... Ask me again tomorrow.

We have started the tradition where we open all our gifts except the gifts from Santa on Christmas Eve. This makes it nice because they get to enjoy their presents from their grandparents and aunts before the Santa gifts. This year the girls really made out! I don't know where I'm going to put them all!! Lana loved the gifts from Auntie Maria including a puzzle that's a ballerina with different outfits and dolls with magnetic clothes. She loves that she can dress them up. (She can't quite manage regular dolls' clothes yet.) Calli went nuts over the baby doll from Maria as well! Both Calli and Lana loved the Little People House that Aunt Stacey and Uncle Jamie got them! Now they have two houses (so less to fight over). One is a town house and one more country. They just love the Little People so it was perfect. Along with that were the Princess and Coach and Farmer and tractor Little People from Nana and Pop. Admittedly, those go more along with the presents from Santa, but Lana figured the princess could take her coach to the house and it made perfect sense to her. The girls also loved the jewelry boxes and jewelry from Grandma and PawPaw and the bean bags for snuggling and watching TV (and climbing all over). It was definitely a great Christmas haul. Now where am I going to put it all? Let alone whatever Santa is bringing tonight...

Here are some pics from this afternoon/this morning of present opening:








And here's the girls at church tonight (we made it even after Brent and PawPaw fixed the toilets):


And the girls in their Christmas PJs with Lana leaving cookies, hot chocolate and carrots for Santa and the reindeer:




And I'll leave you with a video of Lana singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas. She doesn't know the words quite as well as Jingle Bells, but I thought you'd enjoy it anyway...

No comments: