Well, last weekend, amidst ear infections and cranky kids, we braved a road trip down to Houston. The girls did amazingly well in the car with it taking a good 6 hours each way including stops and everything else. (It used to take us about four-and-a-half without kids...) Anyway, the girls had a blast with their cousins. Poor Calli wasn't feeling the best still battling that ear infection and before they put her on the new antibiotics. Combine that with her just being slow to warm up to anyone and she was a bit crankier than usual. Sorry Chris and Jackie!! She's usually much easier, I promise. :-) Anyway, Lana still loved playing with her cousins and I think Calli was upset about being left out as much as anything. I know she can't wait until she can run around with the kids too. We took the kids to the park both days and had a blast. Gracie was great at taking care of Lana and reading her books. Lana loved it and totally needed a big sister. Grace has promised to take on the roll unofficially, of course...at least when we're around. Here are a few pics from our visit. (Sorry they were slow coming.)

Here's Grace reading Pinkalicious to Lana (and Emma posing for the camera - totally cute ham!!).

Even Calli was fascinated by Grace's story.

We convinced Lana to get in on the kickball game to kick it once and run to first base...but reluctantly and unwillingly. I don't think we have an athlete on our hands with her. She was so nervous and self-conscious with her cousins watching. She'd rather be climbing and sliding.

Calli's latest thing is slides. She just loves them - tries to climb up them and slides down with Lana or on her own. She slid down these a little and loved it.


The Cousins - I wish I'd brought my good camera to the park for these, but they still came out cute.

Grace and Emma upside down... I can't believe how quickly they're growing up. Grace was our flower girl and Emma was a little older than Calli is now at our wedding.

The girls all snuggled up reading Twas the Night Before Christmas in princess dresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment