Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend with Grandma & PawPaw

Well, we had a very busy weekend this weekend. Not only did we have Jules' birthday party, but Grandma and PawPaw were here to see the girls. The girls had a great time, though they're still recovering. We had a very very busy day. Saturday was quiet enough, playing with Grandma and PawPaw around the house while I had meetings all morning and then Jules' birthday party in the afternoon. A few weeks ago, I found out about a little shop in Grapevine that does character events and little tea parties from time to time. Of course, they were having breakfast with Cinderella this Sunday and we just had to go. Lana was in heaven! There were 6 little girls there (not including Calli) with their moms (and grandmas). Talk about one-on-one attention! Anyway, Cinderella made balloon animals, painted the girls faces and then had one of the best storytimes I've ever been to. She told the story of Cinderella (in the first person point of view) andLana was just enthralled. Even Calli loved it, though she got a bit restless during the storytime. Still, it was a great morning.


Somehow, we decided to head to the zoo for the afternoon. Despite being totally crazy with tons of people, the girls had a blast showing Grandma and PawPaw all the animals (especially the lion cubs, Lana's favorites).


Anyway, it was a busy weekend, but the girls seemed to have a great time!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That Cinderella time looks like fun! I can't wait to take Evan back to the zoo here. It's now getting warm and luckily, I have the next 10 weeks off.