Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Well, Lana's been having a lot of trouble with swimming lessons. We signed up for two weeks - every night (M-F) to give her a "jump start" for the summer. The first day, she did great. After that, she's gone from crying quietly to hysterical and back every night for the entire lesson. She does everything the teachers ask, but does it crying and yelling. Tonight, I decided to try sitting inside the pool room as opposed to out in the "observation room." It's the difference of a few feet (literally) and Lana can see me in the "observation room" but she was so much happier. I told her if she was crying, I'd have to go back in the room. Instead, she was all smiles. She was still nervous about floating on her back. (It didn't help that it wasn't her regular teacher doing that part.) And she doesn't like the little platform they swim to because it moves a little and just isn't as steady as she's comfortable with. Still, it was a total turn around. She was asking to swim and for her turn, went underwater and tried to swim on her own, and was bouncing up and down (when she wasn't supposed to be) when it wasn't her turn. Her teacher said she did great tonight. I'll sit in again tomorrow and try to work my way out on Thursday and Friday once she's more comfortable. Anyway, here are a few pics of Lana swimming from tonight.






1 comment:

Tara said...

Yay for Lana!