Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bedrest Day 5 & 6

Fun at the hospital. Day 5 was 8+ hours and in a hospital gown (yuck!!). They were talking about keeping me overnight or longer because I really wasn't doing well or responding to the medicine(s) they were trying. (Too many meds.) I did get a shot of steroids to help Declan's lungs in the midst of all the rest of the meds they were giving me so that was good. Finally, they randomly (apparently) sent us home without stopping anything, but figuring I wasn't doing any worse either and would probably do better relaxing at home (especially since none of the meds seemed to be working).

Day 6 was 2 hours in my own clothes for a quick steroid shot (for Declan) and monitoring again. Still on some meds to try to slow/stop the contractions. They seem to be helping a little...and we had a wonderful nurse who told us that her goal was to get everyone home for Christmas if she could. Thankfully, I have the most wonderful midwife who knows that I know my body and this baby. She trusts me when I say he's not coming yet (though I think he's coming sooner than we'd like). They just told us to come back if we thought we needed to and I need to continue with the "modified bedrest" at least through January 3rd. (Midwife wants through the 10th, but we'll see what she says next week...assuming Declan stays put that long.)

Either way, it was a long, frustrating two days of mostly waiting and arguing in the hospital. It was also a long, frustrating day for poor Nana and Pop, yesterday, who had one hysterical little girl and one bouncing big girl who totally exhausted Nana and Pop. Actually, I think they had fun despite the exhaustion until bedtime.


No comments: