Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!

Yes. That's right. We have even more snow again. It started snowing at 3am this morning and hasn't stopped yet. Brent is going to go out and measure it with the girls after nap, but we're guestimating about 5-6 inches by now. I know we had 3-4 when the girls went out this morning. (There was 2.4" according to the news at the airport near the house at 6:30am.) Anyway, lots of snow as you can see.

Shockingly, none of the schools were canceled. I really really really needed the girls to go to school. This was both for my sanity and because I had tons to do to get ready for Calli's party this Saturday including a trip to Costco...which I'm so not doing with three kids. Anyway, Brent got up and planned to go in late to give it time to warm up a bit and get chopped up by the other cars. We got up and started getting ready for school despite the 2.4 inches of snow on the ground. Brent didn't get 15 minutes from the house before he was calling to say we shouldn't go out in it and he was coming home. It was just supposed to keep getting worse.

FWIW - All the school districts are closing early now. Talk about a nightmare. What do you do with the buses? Can you drop a little 7 or 8 year old off at the bus stop and not know if their parents even heard about school closing early? Total mess. Totally confusing too b/c it was already snowing at 3am and they were predicting it to get worse all day. No idea why they didn't close.

Anyway, the girls were upset about missing their Valentine's Day parties, but loved having Daddy home and playing in the snow. I believe there is a plan for more snow playing after nap (followed by more hot chocolate, I would guess). Here are some pics from this morning. Calli doesn't like the snow or cold much at all, but Lana loves it.









Snowball fight... Daddy doesn't fight fair.

BTW - Calli's potty training is coming along great. She hasn't had next to any accidents in the last few days, did great at school, and often has a dry pull-up at naps and night!! Yay, Calli. Let's hope Mommy can keep it up. I forgot how exhausting potty training was...or how much I hate it. Maybe I can pay someone to train Declan. I heard boys are worse.

ETA - More pics from this afternoon. We probably have over 8 inches now. I don't think the tape measure is quite touching the ground.


And a video of Brent throwing snowballs at Lana.

3 comments:

MaryG said...

Hey, these pictures are stunning! Do we need to bring boots?

Amy said...

great pics of course!

Chris said...

great pics! Drop on by and check out the Woodstock, Ga snow. LOL! We made Huge snow men. So when is Calli's party??? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!