Monday, June 07, 2010

Lana's Recital

Yes, this has been one of the craziest weekends ever. We had Lana's birthday party Saturday morning. Lana's friend's party Saturday afternoon. Declan's baptism yesterday and Lana's first ever dance recital tonight. Totally hectic and totally fun. Lana had a blast! We weren't sure if she would dance or totally freak out up there on stage with the lights and everything, but she thought it was the "best thing ever" (or so I'm told). Or maybe it was watching the other acts after she was done with hers that was the "best thing ever" (it changed throughout the night). Either way, the kid loves the spotlight. Not sure she's coordinated enough to be a dancer, but she might end up on stage somehow.

Technically, I was told "no flash photography" during the recital - only during the dress rehearsal. This was fine with me b/c I didn't need a flash, but I don't think that was really the point of the rule even if I was technically following it. I brought a smaller lens to the recital and our seats were further back so I couldn't zoom in as much. Still, here are some pics from the rehearsal and some from the actual recital. Isn't she adorable??

Here's getting ready - she even got to wear a tiny bit of make-up.



Before the show, showing off her costume (which really was totally cute!).





Some from the dress rehearsal and some from the show: (She's the one all the way at the end on the right.)







No comments: