We got in fairly late to the hotel just outside Boston and just had a small dinner of sandwiches and crackers. Apparently, it was poor Grandpa's turn for the stomach flu that Nana had on Christmas Eve that night so he ended up spending all day on the 27th in the hotel too. Nana went to visit one of my aunts and her three kids while Lana, Brent and I packed up to explore Boston...or at least parts of it. I took them to Quincy Market. I guess I should have warned Brent what a madhouse it was because he definitely did NOT like it at all. Finally, though, we got a place to stand and eat and some food. Lana has exceptionally good taste and she loved the bread bowl I got from the Chowda Company (my regular stop whenever I get to Boston). Yummy!
Then we headed on to Fenway field for a tour. A bit lost and a bit late, we ended up missing the 2:00 tour, but making it just in time to relax before the 3:00 one. We got Lana a little Red Sox cheerleading dress thingy and a jersey for when she's a bit bigger (like a year or two from now). We really liked the tour of Fenway, but it was sooooooooooooooo cold! We were up on the top deck. Still, the guide was great and told some great stories. Lana liked being inside and warm the best, though, I think.









No comments:
Post a Comment