Monday, March 19, 2007

First Trip to the Zoo

Ugh, well, Lana's nose is still running. I swear every day that she must be nearly over it because she's draining out, but every morning we start all over. I just wish she could kick this cold and be done with it.

Anyway, today I ended up taking Lana to the zoo. The other two moms in our playgroup were going, but we were planning on staying home so I could get to work on that wedding. Unfortunately, Lana decided that she was too good for her morning nap and I decided that I didn't want to be stuck inside with the weather forecast being what it was, so we headed out. Honestly, I think I need to wait another year or so before Lana actually gets anything out of it. She barely noticed any of the animals there. She liked the fish, sharks and otters because she really could see them, but the leopards, kangaroos and even pink flamingos just weren't worth looking at so it probably wasn't worth the small fortune that these things cost these days.





Still she had a great time talking to Jack and Wylie and just getting some fresh air and whatnot.




Doesn't Lana look tiny next to them? She's two weeks older than Wylie and two weeks younger than Jack, but she's just so much smaller than them. Oh well, we decided we have a football team. Jack is the lineman or the center or something (he's the one in the middle in the stroller picture). Wylie is the quarterback or something like that and then Lana is the fast little wide receiver. (Or she could be the cheerleader, but I have something against cheerleaders, so we decided she was a wide receiver. ..not that I really want her playing football in general...or being a cheerleader.)

I think we would have enjoyed it more...or at least I would have...if we'd been able to stay a bit longer. By the time I could get Lana and I out the door and whatnot, it was 11:45 before we got there and we had to leave by 1:15ish. Tiffinie (the babysitter) was off today so I asked her to come a bit earlier so I could get my bridesmaid's dress altered for Maria's wedding, the grocery shopping done and some work done this afternoon. As it was, Lana and I barely beat Tiffinie to the house and I had just finished nursing Lana and getting her ready for her nap before Tiffinie got here.

Tomorrow we're planning a picnic with my friend, Heidi and her baby, Conor. Hopefully the weather holds for us. Heidi and I were a bit more smart in our plans and picked a park where there's no fee to get in and where Lana can crawl/walk around a good bit. :-)

3 comments:

Jess said...

You should have called my cell and we could have met up! We were there from 10:00-4:00!!

Erin Kathleen said...

I thought about it afterwards. I was convinced we were going to run into you! I didn't know you were going with Marty. I didn't want to intrude with a friend, but I know Marjorie and Marty. :-)

Jess said...

Darn it!! Here are our pictures from the day:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jessicahoisington/FortWorthZooDayWithMartyMarch192007