Sunday, March 11, 2007

Walking!!!

So Lana walked on her own for the first time yesterday. She's taken steps before when we put her on her feet and encouraged her, but this was the first time she just did it on her own. She was walking around the yard with Brent kicking her new ball (or at least attempting to kick it). All of a sudden, she just let go of Brent's finger and stood there for a while. Then she walked over to the green chair all by herself. George even tried to knock her down and she kept her balance. Here's where they were and where the chair was.



Then when I ran to get the camera (I know I should have gone for the video camera, but the regular camera is just automatic), she walked over to me on her own wanting the camera. I think it's that she doesn't like the ground outside - especially in a dress - because she totally wouldn't do it again when we came in. Still, I would think it'd be easier inside where it's all flat and not such rough ground, but...




Both Brent and I cried.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yay, Lana! Congrats on walking.

Katy S. said...

Way to go on walking!!! I am happy for you all. I bet you are super excited!!!! By the way, I am Tara's sister in law.