Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, I wish I'd gotten a good picture of both girls today. They were both dressed up for the holiday, but you'll just have to take my word for it since I forgot to actually get pictures of their outfits. Lana had a Valentine's Day party at school today. Somehow, I got signed up for "finger sandwiches". Brent missed the sign up sheet the first day last week and that was all that was left. I was planning on buying some chicken salad for the adults and making PB&J for the kids. I couldn't find any chicken salad I liked at the store so I ended up attempting to make some. Thankfully it actually came out really good. I was surprised since I've never made it before and really haven't eaten it more than once or twice. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the sandwiches into hearts. (Again, I wish I'd taken a picture but I forgot.) Everyone at school was very impressed and the chicken salad was a huge hit with the moms and teachers.

I really wasn't planning on actually going to the party because I was worried about having Calli out especially around a bunch of kids. But when I told Lana about her party, she kept asking if I was going to come so I felt guilty and ended up going. Anyway, here are some pictures of Lana enjoying her Valentine's Day cookie after her lunch at her party...



And a picture of Calli with a Valentine's Day bear. (Lana picked it out and picked out a red one for herself.) Calli seems to really love the texture of the bear and just staring at it. She kept trying to grab it and running her hand over it. But she would get all upset when she knocked him over.

No comments: