Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Calli is 2 Months Old!

Calli is two months old today!! At 9lbs 9oz, she weighs exactly 1 lb more than Lana did at this age. The pediatrician said she's doing great. He was impressed by her head control and she tried to roll over right in front of him. She can roll from tummy to back on the flat ground these days but hasn't done it more than a handful of times. Poor Cal had to get five shots today. It was miserable. I cried. I always cry. I keep saying I need to get Brent to take the girls for their shots, but it just doesn't work with his schedule. After Calli's appointment, we ran home for a quick nap for her and clean for me. Then we picked Lana up from school early so we could get Nana and Pop from the airport. What a great 2-month present for Calli.





One of the things they ask about at the 2-month appointment is whether the baby smiles at you or not. Lana was smiling and cooing by 6 weeks and I was getting really worried about Calli not really doing any of that by now. Our pediatrician said he was concerned but really we needed to wait until at least 4 months before we worried too much. As soon as we got home, though, wasn't Calli just smiling away, cooing at Pop and trying to tell me all about Good Night Moon. She just wanted to worry me. I even got a picture of her smiling today.

No comments: