Thursday, May 29, 2008
Sick Kid Update
So by last night, Lana's fever was well above 103 and it was still at 102.5 first thing this morning. I panicked with visions of us ending up in the hospital with a 105 fever by the end of the day. I scheduled an appointment to take Lana into the pediatrician and my friend Elane (a life saver) offered to watch Calli while we were there. But by 9:30, her fever seemed to have mostly broken and is down around 99. I talked to Melanie who's over at school with Jack only to find out that 5 of the 8 kids in Lana's class have had (or currently have) this same thing. It's some kind of summer virus with a high fever that spikes around day 2 and is gone by the end of three days or so. Seems like Lana's following that same course so hopefully she'll be back to normal sometime tomorrow. We ended up canceling Lana's appointment. No sense driving 30-45 minutes with the cost of gas these days just to have them tell us that Lana was on the mend and has the same thing as all the other kids. I'll keep an eye on her today to make sure her fever doesn't spike back up and keep an eye on Calli hoping she doesn't get it. Sounds like it's run its course, though, for Lana at least. Too bad the kid had to miss her last day of school! I know she was looking forward to bubble day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment