Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We just wanted to wish all the dads out there a happy Father's Day. Hope you all had a great day today!!

So we had a pretty quiet Father's Day today. It was much better than last year when (we think) I had food poisoning and we were flying back from Vermont. I have never been so sick and poor Brent had his Father's Day totally ruined. This year, I had a wedding yesterday so we decided to just have a quiet day at home. The girls got Brent two presents. Here's their super-secret art project that they made when Jack was visiting. (Jack also made one for his dad.)



Then they also got him an HD package with Dish Network so now he can watch all his favorite shows in HD and even tape them and everything. He's been enjoying that all day and watched the race and golf in HD. Brent's talked about getting this upgrade probably since we got our TV (about 2.5 years ago).



So we just hung around the house and played.




Then we took Brent out to dinner. Calli even sat in a high chair for the first time at a restaurant. She was a lot happier in that than she has been in the carrier through most of dinner, but I think she got tired and overwhelmed. Of course, we forgot the camera for dinner so here are a few pics from Sean's cell phone.



Still, it seems a lot better than her screaming in her infant seat or holding her the whole time. Sounds like it might be time to put that away and move her into her convertible carseat. I love those convertibles sooooooooooo much better. They're so much more comfortable for the girls than the infant seat so I planned to move Calli as soon as she was sitting in a stroller and a high chair. Nana even got Calli her butterfly one back in February when they had their biannual sale so we would have it on hand when she was ready. (Thanks Nana!!) Hopefully, we can get it installed in the next week or two.

No comments: