Ok, so after many many starts and stops, attempts and frustrations, I decided last Monday to go for the potty training all or nothing. I was so tired of starting and then quitting because I was too tired to deal with it (and it's a lot of work). I was determined. Anytime all week that I was home and Lana was home, she was naked...or else wearing a dress with no panties so she could go on her own. On Monday, we had many accidents. On Tuesday, not quite so many. Wednesday was only one and by Thursday no accidents (and none since). By Saturday, Lana even started telling us when she needed to go potty (before that I was putting her on the potty every 30-45 minutes no matter what whether I had to beg, plead or bribe). She even did great for Brent Saturday while I had a wedding!! Of course, she's already using this as a stall technique before naps and bed. Apparently, on Saturday before her nap she said she had to go potty and refused to get off it. She fell asleep right then and there on the potty. Of course, Brent got pictures.

We still have to work on naps and bedtime. She'll probably be in Pull-Ups for those for a while longer and when we go out. She has yet to even sit on a "big" (regular) potty without freaking out. I didn't try at all last week just wanting to get her used to it. I might have to get her one of those seats that fit on regular potties or something because she's just terrified of them right now. Wish me luck!!
2 comments:
This is so good. Yesterday Jessica needed to bring a baby picture to school (Grade 7). When Lana asks for one when she's in middle school you can give her this one. She'll kill you!
That is HYSTERICAL! LOVE that Brent got that shot. PRICELESS!
My sis and MIL have been working with Linds. I'm not planning on getting serious with it til later this summer when we're all home together. Lana is progressing nicely...hang in there!
Post a Comment