Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lana's Second First Day of School (Summer School)

As you can tell, Lana was so excited to be starting school again today.



(A welcome change from last September... Can you believe how much she's changed??)


She's been talking about it all day. I know she was anxious to get back to her friends and playing. She's doing a summer program at her school where she goes one day a week for 8 weeks. It's not much but at least I can get some work done and (more importantly) in September, she'll still remember school and be excited about it rather than starting over (I hope). She was a little nervous when we went down a different hallway with lots of big kids to a different room with a different teacher...but then she saw the usual toys, she was gone. It's nice that at least a few of her friends from last year are in her class with her. Some of the new kids were really upset because it was their first day so I was worried she would be too, but she did fine. I think I had a harder time with the change - new teacher, new room, new class, etc. - than she did. I guess it's the start of many years/summers like this, right?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hasn't she grown up!?!

Erin Kathleen said...

Seeing the pictures right next to each other is killing me. I didn't realize how much she'd changed and grown just in the last 9 or 10 months!

Chris said...

Awww..so cute. She looks like such a big girl with her back pack.
I can't believe how much Linds has changed in just the last six months. It's a HUGE jump from 1-2 isn't it???