Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Home Safely

Just a quick post to say that we all got home safely (though not uneventfully). I have secretly always wanted to see Shreveport, LA. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.) Our delay at the Tampa airport really wasn't bad. First of all, we knew about part of it before we left for the airport. Secondly (and most important), they had a little play area right next to our gate with slides, tunnels and whatnot. I was a little nervous with Lana running around while the big kids played tag, but everyone seemed to have fun. No, the delay in Tampa wasn't bad. Calli even did ok (though far from great) on the flight up until we were almost here. We'd only had a few meltdowns and some fussing, but better than last time since she had slept some and watched some of Lana's movie. No, the problem was when they announced that we were about 20 minutes out of Dallas (as Calli is starting to totally lose it) but there are a few bad storms to the south, so we're going to change our approach and come in from the north. Not 20 minutes later, the nice pilot came on the speaker to tell us we were 15 minutes out of Shreveport and heading there to refuel. Apparently some weather had blown up over DFW closing the airport. I guess we didn't have enough fuel to circle, so we headed to Shreveport to refuel and wait it out. Needless to say, Calli was less than patient and totally exhausted. Lana was too but she was great. Both girls are a mess today for the poor sitter and are already well into their naps. Oh well. I'll post pics when I get a chance, but I'm totally swamped trying to catch up on work that I intended to do while I was away (but totally didn't). Either way, we had a great time at Nana and Pop's and are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be home.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Welcome home!! You survived a flight with two kids, that's great! Glad you guys made it safely. Good luck catching up!