Friday, July 04, 2008

Nana and Pop - Day 2 - 4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! I totally slacked this year on the holiday and neglected to even attempt to get the girls outfits. (oops) I thought about buying them something for the fireworks when Brent and I ran out shopping, but it just didn't seem worth it. Today was basically the same as yesterday. First we went to the beach first thing. Both girls loved it as always and Calli fell asleep in the tent again. I'm making a "Photo Essay" of Calli sleeping in her tent. It's just going to be her in different outfits sleeping in the tent.





Calli went in the ocean for the first time and loved it...for a short bit. Then she got overwhelmed.

And I had to do this with Calli (even though she's about to eat the sand). We have the same picture of Lana at 3 and a half months in the same bathing suit. Calli's hair is a little bit lighter, but sometimes, it's hard to tell which girl is which when I see an old picture of Lana.
Calli (at 5 mo)

Lana (at 3.5 mo)


Tonight we headed back to the beach hoping we could see the fireworks (which we could) and hoping the girls would like them (which Lana did). I brought my good camera. It's amazing the difference in the quality of images... Of course, the light was just perfect too being just before sunset. Still, I think I just have to bring the camera with me from now on no matter what we're doing...







Lana liked the fireworks ok. She was a little scared of the closer ones that made noise, but they were pretty. She was more concerned about sunset. I guess she hasn't been outside and watched the sunset in a while. I mean, she knew it went away and came back, but watching it go down really concerned her. She had fun anyway, building sand castles and watching the fireworks. Unfortunately, Calli was just overwhelmed and overtired and flat out refused to sleep in her tent no matter what I did. I think we could have gotten her there if I kept trying, but it was late, Lana was getting tired and poor Calli was just done...so we left. Still everyone enjoyed the picnic and the fireworks.

No comments: