Monday, September 08, 2008

Butterflies

So yesterday after church we decided to check out a butterfly "festival". Mainly, it was a relatively big tent (not quite the size of our living room) with tons of butterflies in it with flowers and whatnot. I thought it was pretty cool. Brent agreed though it would have been more amazing if the butterflies were flying around more but they gave us pieces of fruit and you could coax them onto that and then put them on your finger or shirt or whatever. Lana liked it a lot at first but then she got scared. Here she is before she got too scared when she was still kinda enthralled.



She's scared of a lot of things and I think she would have gotten better but she also needed to go potty so it was a quicker outing than we planned.

Calli was just fascinated with then and did what any self-respecting 7-month-old does with anything. She tried to grab them or eat them or both.


Still fun morning. Afterwards, we headed out to lunch where Lana ordered PB&J (and ate like half) but ended up stealing my potato soup to the point where I ordered another cup and she was covered in it. Ugh. But she loved it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We went to that too! How funny. I'll blog about it later in the week.

Erin Kathleen said...

Can't wait to see your pics, Amy. How'd Jules like it? I really think Lana would have gotten there but the timing was bad. She still talks about how much fun it was though a bit scary so I guess it made an impression if nothing else.