So the girls started daycare today. I cried a lot. I'm so not ready for Calli to be in daycare even though it's not much different than what I did all summer. Still, I have a wonderful business and job and I have to get work done somehow. Ms. Tenessa teaches at Lana's old school and lives right near there. She is so sweet and wonderful! She runs an in-home daycare out of her house on the days she's not teaching so the girls are going to go there on Monday and Friday mornings. This gives me two mornings with no kids and two with just Calli for me to work. Tenessa has a four-year-old, Aiden, and two other little girls that she watches around Lana's age so it works out pretty well. Lana had a great time and is totally in love with Aiden (who feels the same way). The two of them played all morning and Aiden even cried when we left. Lana told Ms. Tenessa she would be back tomorrow and we had to correct her and tell her Monday. At least I knew she had fun and liked the other kids and everything. She said she colored and played with the Little People. (They even have the Circus Little People!)
Calli did better than I expected. Not only does she not do well with strangers (though she's met Tenessa a few times) but she's teething and totally congested from allergies plus teething. She's been a nightmare at night and has ended up in our bed the last two nights (which means we're exhausted too). You all have heard stories about how much she hates bottles so we were nervous. Ok, both of us cried a lot when I dropped her off but Tenessa got her calmed down pretty quickly. Tenessa tried to get her to go down for a nap but she fell asleep in the car for like five minutes and thought she was done with her morning nap. (I totally need to keep her up the whole way up there.) Anyway, she took her bottle ok from Tenessa. She wasn't happy about it and kept trying to chew it because of her teeth and fussing because her nose was so stuffy that it was hard to breathe and eat. But she took it and didn't scream or anything so we were pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, she ended up falling asleep right at 11ish so she missed lunch and (of course) didn't want to go down for her nap when we got home.
I think both girls are sleeping now, though. My plan is to have them there from 9-1 Mondays and Fridays and then bring them home for their afternoon nap so I get a bit more time to work in the afternoon if they'll go down (or at least play quietly in their room which is what Lana usually does at naptime). We'll see how this works. Either way, Lana already loves Tenessa and I think Calli's getting there. She gave her a smile when we were leaving so I'm sure she'll be fine (even if it did kill me to leave her).
No pics on this one. I promised Tenessa I would wait until Monday so she could actually do her hair and make up. I understand that. I hate being in photos without warning in what I wear every day.





No comments:
Post a Comment