Friday, September 19, 2008

Flu Shots

No pics with this one, but I'm just so proud of myself and the girls. Partially to get ready for our trip to Maria's (tons of germs on airplanes) and partially just because the sooner the better with these things, I decided to get the girls and I flu shots yesterday at their pediatrician. (They also do the moms there if you want.) Lana and I had many talks on Wednesday and Thursday about this idea. Yes, we were going to the doctor. And yes, Lana would have to get a shot and so would Calli and so would Mommy. Yes, she was a little scared, but she was going to be brave and afterwards she would get a sucker. I figured Calli would be the worst about it so we did me first. Lana watched a little too intently, but she seemed ok with it and loved my "sticker" (bandaid). She wanted hers in her arm too so she was a little upset about it in her leg. She screamed a lot at first, but I gave her a sucker and sat her in the chair and she was fine. Funnily enough, Calli barely screamed at all. In fact, she didn't cry until I had to put her down back in the buggy. The nurses are so great about doing shots there. They go so fast that the kids aren't even crying until they're handing them to you. Anyway, I was very proud of all of us. Lana was brave getting the shot. Calli was too (even if she didn't know what was going on). And I was brave for taking two little girls by myself to get shots (along with me and y'all know how well I do with needles). Oh and none of us (not even me) fainted. It was a good day, but my arm is still sore so I'm guessing the girls are too. At least now, we're done with that for everyone except Calli, who has to get two since it's her first year. She'll get the other at her 9-Month appointment in a few weeks along with another shot we delayed. Poor Cal!

2 comments:

Chris said...

This just reminded me I need to schedule Lindsay for hers. I'm not sure if I can get one yet or not. I need to ask my surgeon when I see him in three weeks. UGH.

MaryG said...

Considering how much you always have loved shots, I think you did awesome.