Friday, September 19, 2008

Grapefest

Since Brent was already planning on taking last Friday off for our trip, he decided to stay home anyway. Thinking it was going to be our only nice day all weekend, we decided to pack the girls up and head to Grapefest (a wine tasting festival over in Grapevine). Of course, as soon as I got in the car, I had to call a few girlfriends and see if they wanted to meet us there. It's just what I do. You understand that. So does Brent even if he rolls his eyes. Anyway, Elane met us there with her two boys and we had a blast!! First we piled Lana and Calli in the wagon and went to have lunch. We found some Irish music (shocking) on one of the stages and had lunch near there. The kids didn't eat much, but Lana and Blake had a blast dancing to it.


Then we headed over to the kids' area. We attempted to pile three kids in the wagon and it worked for a bit until Lana decided to get out and walk and Calli started to get tired.

Lana went on the carousel (which she still hated though she was dying to get on it while she watched it) and the tea cups (which she loved and kept spinning us faster and faster). I forgot to leave my camera with Elane while Brent and I took the older kids on the carousel but here's some of us on the tea cups.


Finally Lana played in the sand pit and with the little tricycles while I nursed Calli.



We were hoping (ok, I was hoping) to get another hour out of the girls so I could look at the little shops, but Calli was just done, so we ended up packing up and heading home. It was a fun morning and Lana couldn't stop talking about it all weekend (though to hear her tell it, she loved the carousel...). We promised she could ride the tea cups again (and a carousel if she wants) when we go to "visit the princesses" in November. (We're going to Disney World with Mom and Dad in November and all Lana can talk about is visiting the princesses.)

2 comments:

Chris said...

so cute!! I can't believe ya'll are going to Disney in November. I can't wait to see the pics. Lindsay loved it in January!! I can't wait to take her back!

MaryG said...

Love that wagon!