Friday, September 12, 2008

Our New Schedule

Well, so far I really think I'm going to like our new schedule. This week was a little off again because we were supposed to be leaving for San Antonio last night. I had already canceled daycare and Brent had gotten the day off so all of them will be home today, but that's probably be good. The girls are exhausted from a long week, but they both seem to love it. They love going to Tenessa's and Lana can't wait to go back. Lana loves her new school. Best of all (ok, not best of all, but very nice) is that Calli sleeps great at the office. In fact, both times we've gone to the office (yesterday and Tuesday), Calli slept at least 2 hours and I had to wake her up because we had to leave for something or another. She doesn't even sleep that well at home! I get so much work done. Two hours at the office is like five at home because I don't have anything else I can do - no laundry, no pick up, no planning dinner, nothing except working. It's great! Here's Calli sleeping at the office and having lunch today in her little booster I brought (taken on my phone, sorry).





Yesterday was "Red Day" at Lana's school. I didn't even have a red anything for her to wear, but Elane brought by a little red polo shirt of Carter's that was perfect under Lana's jumper. I was worried she would refuse to wear it because she's so not into anything denim these days or shirts or almost anything not pink, but she was happy as can be when I told her it was red day. Good thing I did, too, since I think she would have been the only kid there not in red if I hadn't. (I was impressed because there was no reminder sent home at all. It was just on the calendar in their folder.)


The director assured me that there would be a pink day too and all the boys will be encouraged to wear pink. Lana will love that day the best!

And they've both started taking better (and longer) afternoon naps after preschool/daycare when we get home.



Unfortunately, I don't get them in there until close to 2:30 or 3:00 so they sleep until dinner time, but they both seem to need it. Everyone just seems so much happier to be getting sleep and back on a routine. We'll see if it lasts, but it sounds like it's working. I'm so excited.

No comments: