Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe Wednesday - Meatball Calzones

Ok, I got this one straight from Menus 4 Moms, but everyone around here loved it. Even Lana ate almost an entire calzone by herself. Here's the recipe:
Meatball Calzones
  • Dough of your choice (we used the Pilsbury pizza dough)
  • Cooked meatballs, 3 per calzone (I just used Costco brand Frozen Italian Meatballs that I heated up in the oven for 10-15 minutes before putting the calzones together)
  • 28 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce (I used some of my own that I threw together - basically my spicy meat sauce without the meat simmered for about an hour or two on the stove.)
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese

Roll out dough and cut into 3-4 rectangles. (I did four, but it probably would have worked better with three.) Place 1 heaping Tbsp. spaghetti sauce on each rectangle. Top with 1 heaping Tbsp. cheese and 3 meatballs. (I cut the meatballs in half.) Carefully fold rectangle so that the long side is folded in half and the short sides are touching each other. Seal all around and bake according to the dough instructions. When done, place on plates and top with more sauce and cheese and serve.

Lana even helped me making them. See.


But then they got a little over done because we had a potty emergency (needing to go and everyone had to go with her). Ugh. Oh well, everyone loved them anyway.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That is SO classic! She is growing up so much!! Lindsay would love making something like that...we'll have to try it out sometime!