Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Recipe Wednesday - Mom's Cheeseball

Hopefully I'm not giving away any family secrets with this one. It's a crazy week so I decided to do a quick and easy recipe for Mom's Cheeseball. Growing up, we used to give these to everyone from our neighbors to best friends for Christmas. I still bring them to almost any holiday party I go to, though down here it takes a bit for people to try it (but everyone always loves them when they do).

Ingredients

2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
1 small Wispride cheddar cheese (or spreadable cheddar cheese)
1 Tbsp dried minced onions
t Tbsp dried chives
dash of Tabasco

Let cream cheese and cheddar cheese soften and then mix with other ingredients. (I throw it all in the food processor, but Mom does it by hand.)
Chill for at least a few hours, overnight if you can
Form into balls and rolls in chopped walnuts. (makes 3-4 smaller balls)
Serve on crackers

These are also great to freeze so I usually make a few and freeze the ones we don't need for another day.

No comments: