Sunday, October 05, 2008

Seasoned Travelers

The girls really are turning into seasoned travelers. Lana has probably been on more flights in two years than I had before graduating college. This was only Calli's second trip, but she did so much better than the first. Ok, I'll confess. I did give her benedryl before both flights to get her to sleep since she's so particular. She rarely will sleep on me (or anyone) and gets really cranky when she's tired. Lana was bribed. A lot. She had at least four or five suckers and a thing of M&Ms just on the flight home. She also watched her "princess movie" (Disney Singalong Princesses) and Calliou and eventually Cars in the three hours we were on the flight. Still, we made it home and I got lots of compliments on how well behaved they were. My favorite was one from a nice older lady sitting in the row next to us who said that they were so great because I was so well prepared. She didn't know what to think seeing me hauling a huge duffle bag onto the plane until I started pulling out my assorted snacks, toys, movies, etc. one after another to keep the girls occupied. She was impressed. :-) Anyway, here's a pic of Lana at the airport waiting for our airplane.

No comments: