Monday, December 08, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Well, this is going to be another post with tons of stuff rolled into one. This weekend was a totally busy weekend. On Saturday, we went tree hunting. I think this is going to be our last year with a real tree unless we move. They cost almost twice as much as a fake tree down here and last less than a month (if you're lucky). Anyway, I couldn't not have a real tree for Calli's first Christmas so we went out one last time (for now). Lana, of course, loved the bounce house and could care less about the tree. Oh well. The tree is beautiful and we love it!







Then Sunday morning, we decorated the tree (or attempted to). The girls found a snow globe that I'm pretty sure Lana got last year for Christmas. I think this is the first time I've actually seen them "fight" over a toy. Calli's sneaky and will take a toy/chair/whatever right after Lana moves (even if she knows Lana's coming back). Lana is more up front and will just grab whatever she wants out of Calli's hands. With some interference from me and usually with minimal fuss, said toy is settled with whoever really wanted it and they go on with their lives. Well, they both just loved this snow globe and eventually it had to be put up because they just couldn't handle it. Too cute. Anyway, we did most of the decorating while the girls watched/fought over the snow globe. Isn't it a beautiful tree?? Pics of the finish product as soon as I get a chance to take them.







Finally Sunday afternoon, we headed over to Brent's company open house with Melanie and Jack. Lana and Jack had a blast! They were so great with Santa - both sat on his lap and smiled in turn - and so was Calli. Then they got to ride a carousel, which they loved, and decorate cookies. I think they could have lasted a little longer to write letters to Santa and maybe do a few more activities but I had a shoot to get to and Melanie was done so we all left together. Still, I think the kids had a great time...







1 comment:

Tara said...

Cute pictures and that is a great tree. We bought a real one last year after Christmas, because of the cost.