Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lana is FOUR

Four years ago today, our Lana-bit was born. Induced at 37 weeks for growth and movement concerns, it was more than a little terrifying and amazing. I can't believe how much our lives have changed just in these last four years. I can't believe how much our little girl has grown up so quickly before our eyes. I've told Mom that this is the last birthday we will be celebrating. My baby cannot turn five. Five means she goes to Kindergarten. Five means she's actually growing up. So I think I need to just stop at four when she's still my baby. But for this year, we'll celebrate. We're actually extending the celebration over many weeks (as usual for us and birthdays).

Today Lana will take cupcakes in for her class at school. And we have swimming lessons tonight so we'll have Lana's favorite meal at home (tacos). And we'll hopefully do presents - assuming I find the time today to go buy them and wrap them and no one is having too much of a meltdown after swimming/dinner. Tomorrow night, we'll take Lana to her favorite restaurant. This seems to change by the hour, but right now, we're going to On The Border (or maybe Pappasitos). Next weekend, Sue and Larry are coming in and we'll celebrate again with them, I would guess. Then in two weeks, Mom and Dad are coming in to town and we're having Lana's party with her friends. So she gets to enjoy this for at least two weeks. She's going to love it.

For now, here's Lana through the years... I can't believe how quickly it's gone by (or how much she, Calli and Declan look alike)!

Newborn:




First Birthday:



Second Birthday:




Third Birthday:



And today (well a couple weeks ago, but close enough):

2 comments:

Tara said...

She is precious! I love all of the photos looking back. I hope you all have fun celebrating Lana's birthday!

Chris said...

Happy 4th Lana! We are gearing up for Lindsay's 4th on 6/20/2010 and we are having her party on 6/27/10 since her b-day falls on Father's Day this year. We just signed up for swim lesssons too, she starts this Saturday! She is OVER THE MOON about swim lessons and she is having a Little Mermaid POOL party! I agree with you. This is the last birthday I will allow for a while!