Monday, March 26, 2007

Day Three at the Beach

Lana had a great day again today. We went to Grandpa Thoubboron and Annette's condo early this morning. It's right on the beach and perfect for hanging out all day. It also has a kayak and a bunch of beach toys that the renters can use so Brent and I took the kayak out while Lana took her morning nap in the condo with Nana listening for her. We had a great time after we got started. For some unknown reason, Brent felt that we needed to get a "running start", which, of course, ended up flipping the kayak. On our second, much more subdued try, he managed to crack me over the head with his paddle. I still think it's because I wouldn't let him try another "running start" with me in it. :-)

When Lana woke up, she came down to the beach with us and played in the water. She loved it when she was in her little float. We thought the water was too cold for her, but we're starting to think maybe she was just overwhelmed by the ocean and whatnot.





Unfortunately, poor Brent had to leave today to get back home to work. We already miss him.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh man...I would have LOVED to see pics of you and Brent getting a "running" start...LOL!!

Erin Kathleen said...

Yeah, everyone else enjoyed it. No pictures were taken. There are a few of us in our kayak, but I look fat. Maybe Annette's came out better. I wasn't planning on getting in/dunked. It was COLD! Besides, I was wearing my nice sun glasses and hat (which drifted out to sea, but we picked up once we got going).