

On Saturday, we all went out on a boat cruise around Lake Champlain. It was a lot of fun and really interesting. I didn't know a lot of the stuff the captain mentioned about the lake and it was great to have that extra time with the family. Lana loved walking around (though she fell over a lot with the rocking) and standing up at the bow in the wind, but eventually the lack of naps got the better of her and she fell sound asleep on Nana.


Later Saturday night, we had a great BBQ at a lake house near our resort. My uncle John organized it. We were expecting hamburgs and hotdogs and maybe chicken, but we should have known better. John does nothing half heartedly. There were steamed clams and fancy appetizers, baked ham and chicken and interesting desserts, locally brewed beers and everything else you could possibly imagine! We were supposed to do some family pictures while we were there, but the timing just didn't work out. People were cooking or eating and then it was much too dark. Too bad because we rarely get that many of us together. I think it was almost all of us even.
On Sunday, we got up for an early breakfast, packed and were on our way back to Hartford for the flight home. I couldn't help getting a few of these last pics of Lana at the resort we stayed at.



Unfortunately, I must have caught some sort of bug when we were up in Vermont or else I ate something really bad. I was so sick the entire flight home and most of Sunday night and Monday morning. Poor Brent had to deal with me getting sick right next to him on the flight plus Lana getting all upset because I was sick and because she was tired and couldn't get comfortable. I was a mess. Thankfully, it only seemed to last a few hours because I was able to eat again yesterday and today I'm mostly back to myself...except being a bit exhausted from the whole ordeal. Still, not the best Father's Day for Brent by any means.





2 comments:
My favorite is Lana in her life jacket.
Lana is adorable as always. It looks like you all have been busy. Glad to see lots of new pictures! Miss you all!
Post a Comment