Saturday, February 02, 2008

Calli's Arrival

Well, as I'm sure most of you already know, Callista Anne Ross (Calli) was born yesterday, February 1, 2008, at 6:17 am. She was 6 lbs 0 oz and 18 inches long. After all the waiting and paperwork, we were released from the hospital around lunchtime and are so happy to be home. I promise to post the whole story (for anyone interested) and more info when I'm slightly more conscious. But I know there are some grandmothers (and others) anxiously awaiting these pictures, so I figured I'd post them first and update this entry with captions and the longer story in a few days (or weeks) when I can put two coherent words together again...



Update: Here's the short story from Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm going put the longer version somewhere else and post the link for anyone who's interested, but it's probably more details than most people ever wanted to know. I started having contractions Thursday afternoon. Thinking it was nothing more than false labor, I still went to a meeting I had scheduled about an hour away. We headed into the hospital Thursday night around 11ish, nearly got sent home because I wasn't progressing at first. Thankfully, the nice night nurse on duty decided to keep us an extra hour because we live so far from the hospital and Lana came so quickly once she got started. We were officially admitted at around 2am. Calli was born at 6:17 the next morning healthy and bigger than we were expecting (which was a wonderful thing) at 6lbs even, 18 inches. And we came home Saturday and are just starting to settle in. Technically, Calli was a premie at 36w/4d, but she doesn't seem to have any problems and never needed any help or anything! She was even bigger than Lana was when she was born. She's trying to nurse well and DD#1 is already in love with her. It'll take some time and some adjusting, but I'm just so happy to be home safely with both my girls happy and healthy.




Calli's First Picture - You can see the weight even.




Calli with Mom and Dad right after getting cleaned up




Mom's first Snuggle




Getting a bath and her hair washed - she loves it as much as Lana did






Snuggling with Daddy




More snuggles with Mommy




Snuggles with her big sister! Don't they look cute together??




Snuggles with Uncle Sean





Dressed and just waiting to go home.





Home and hungry - And next to it a picture of Lana around the same age in the same seat
It's hard to tell b/c Lana didn't have the headrests yet, but they're almost exactly the same size.




More big sister snuggles. Lana loves her hat...



Sleeping away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, you look terrific. So does Brent. Actually, you all look wonderful...lucky you, lucky Calli. Is it Calli or Callie???

Tara said...

Welcome Callie! I love the pictures of Lana and Callie. You do look terrific. Congrats!

Chris said...

Congratulations Ross family! Lana looks like a very proud big sis! Callie is beautiful and thank goodness that all is well and she is fine. I'm sure you were worried about weight and such going in before 37 weeks. I'm looking forward to taking those same type pics with Lindsay and her brother or sister very soon.
Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all my girls. I love them too!!!! The entire family looks wonderful and happy with Calli's arrival.