Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recipe Wednesday - Pot Roast

I'm still behind on my recipes in that I don't have them scheduled ahead like I have in the past. Today I just figured I'd do pot roast since that's what we're having for dinner. Quick, easy and always good on a fall afternoon.

Ingredients
1 roast (3-5 lbs? - I just get whatever I get at Costco)
1/2 small yellow onion, minced
1 can beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup water
two handfuls of baby carrots
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp marjoram

Directions:
Put baby carrots on the bottom of the crockpot. (I like to use those crockpot liners to make clean up really easy.) Place roast on top of carrots. Throw in everything else. Cook on low for approximately 8 hours. Serve.

I like to throw in peas or green beans right at the end and bump it up to high for 15-20 minutes to cook those. I usually serve with rolls and mashed potatoes. You can also add the potatoes to the crockpot and cook them with the roast if you'd rather. Quick. Easy. Yummy.

No comments: